SMT Assembly FAQs
1. What does your quoted price include?
The PCB assembly price including:
- Setup fee: $8.00
- Stencil: $1.50
- SMT Assembly: $0.0017 per joint
- Hand-soldering labor fee: $3.5
- Manual Assembly: $0.0173 per joint
- Components cost: Based on the components you choose for assembly
Our online quotes will show the exact assembly fee and components cost after you select the parts for assembly.
2.What's your hand soldering (manual assembly) service?
3. Do you accept the components supplied by customers themselves?
Currently, No. We'll provide the parts for you. Please note components that are not in our SMT Parts library won’t be placed on your board.
4. Will all parts be populated on my board?
It depends. The SMT system will try to search and match the parts in your BOM against our library, only the matched parts will be populated.
5. How many kinds of components are available now?
Currently, about 40k+ kinds of components are available, including 698 kinds of basic components and 300k+ extended components. You can explore our in-stock parts in our SMT Parts Library. We are keeping extending the library.
6. What are“Basic components” and “Extended components”?
7. What files are required for SMT assembly order?
- Gerber file, it is used for PCB production.
- BOM file(Bill of Materials). View Sample BOM.
- CPL file(Component Placement List / Pick & Place File (PNP) file), it is used by our automated SMT Assembly machines to determine where each part should be located on the board. View Sample CPL.
8. How do I place an SMT order?
Upload Gerber files -->Upload BOM/CPL files --> Select the parts you want to assemble-->Get a quote.
9. I want to order more than 30 pieces boards, what can I do?
You can panelize your boards to realize a quantity of more than 30 pieces, please note there is a panel size limit of not bigger than 250x250mm.
10. What are your requirements for the panelized board?
Please panelize your boards with mouse-bites, V-cut panels are not supported currently.
11. Do I need to add fiducial marks myself?
No, you don’t have to. We’ll add fiducial marks for SMT assembly.
12. How do you determine the turn-time?
Assembly turn-time begins immediately after the PCB turn-time and 90% of SMT orders can be finished within 24 hours, 48 hours at most. We prepare all necessary material for SMT assembly like SMT engineering data, components and solder paste stencil while PCB production, so assembly can begin immediately after completing the PCB fabrication.
Below is a gantt chart that illustrates our project schedule.
13. Do you offer assembly on boards fabricated by another company?
Unfortunately, we do not. To maintain our quality standards, we only assemble PCB’s that we fabricate.
14. Is the solder paste Leaded or Lead-free?
15. Do you support BGA components assembly?