At JLCPCB.com, protecting the personal information you share with us is hugely important. We want you to be confident that your information is safe and secure with us, and understand how we collect, store, use, and disclose information about users of jlcpcb.com. This policy applies to the site, along with related products and services offered by JLCPCB that link to this policy.
What personal information we collect
The personal information we collect depends on how you interact with us, the products you use, and the choices you make. We collect and process personal information about you with your consent and/or as necessary to provide the products you use, operate our business, meet our contractual and legal obligations, protect the security of our systems and our customers, or fulfil other legitimate interests.
When a user engages in certain actions on the site, they may provide us with certain kinds of information. This includes information including but not limited to:
When you register for our services or purchase products, you provide us with the following:
- Your name, profile information, shipping address and billing addresses, payment information, email address, phone numbers, and business name (where applicable).
- When you create an account, you are prompted to create a username and a password. JLCPCB maintains your username and password (in an encrypted format) inside our secure environment and only uses your information to welcome you back upon your return and personalize your experience on our services.
- The shipping and billing addresses you provided for convenience during future purchases.
- The products and other information in your cart, file manager, or contained in your order history.
- When you contact us;we contact you; or you take part in any of our promotions, competitions, surveys or questionnaires about JLCPCB’s services, or you engage with us through social media, we may collect:
- Personal data you provide(for example, your name and contact details, including address, phone or email);
- Details of the emails and other digital communications, including any links in them that you access and whether you have opened the communications;
- Your feedback and contributions to customer surveys and questionnaires.
You are free to choose which information you want to provide to us or whether you want to provide us with information at all. However, some information, such as your name, address, payment information and information on your requested services may be necessary for the performance of our contractual obligations. Without providing this information, you will not be able to order certain services or enter into a contract with us.
When purchasing JLCPCB’s products, you should know:
- JLCPCB does not keep credit card numbers. Your credit card information is immediately tokenized the first time it is processed. Tokenization is a process in which credit card information is captured by a secure payment processor, and replaced by a randomly generated number. Should you elect to save a credit card to your account for future use, only the encrypted token is stored and used to charge your credit card account.
- JLCPCB integrates with PayPal globally. We only share your data based on your separately granted consent and only if you have a customer account relationship with PayPal.
How We Use your Personal information
We use personal information to better understand our customers’ interests and needs, to complete purchase transactions and fulfill orders and to consistently improve quality of products.
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- To process your orders and deliver the products and services that you have ordered.
- To provide functionality, analyze performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of the JLCPCB Services.
- To facilitate, manage, personalize and improve your online experience;
- To communicate with you in relation to JLCPCB Services and fulfill your requests via different channels (e.g., by phone, email, chat)
- To send you advertisements about products, services, offers, promotions, and events we believe may be of interest to you.
Our legal bases for processing information
To the extent that our processing of your User Personal Information is subject to certain international laws (including, but not limited to, the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)), JLCPCB is required to notify you about the legal basis on which we process User Personal Information. JLCPCB processes User Personal Information on the following legal bases:
- Contract Performance:
When you create a JLCPCB Account, you provide your Registration Information. We require this information for you to enter into the Terms of Service agreement with us, and we process that information on the basis of performing that contract. We also process your username and email address on other legal bases, as described below.
When you order at JLCPCB, we process Payment Information and additional elements in order to perform the contract that applies to those services.
We rely on your consent to use your User Personal Information under the following circumstances: when you create an account at JLCPCB; when you decide to order at JLCPCB or participate in a JLCPCB survey; and for marketing purposes, where applicable. You have the ability to access, modify, and delete all of this User Personal Information at any time. You may withdraw your consent at any time.
- Legitimate Interests:
Generally, the remainder of the processing of User Personal Information we perform is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interest, for example, for legal compliance purposes, security purposes, or to maintain ongoing confidentiality, integrity, availability, and resilience of JLCPCB’s systems, Website, and Service.
If you would like to request deletion of data we process on the basis of consent or if you object to our processing of personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How we share your Personal Information
We may share your personal data in the instances described below:
EasyEDA, JLCPCB and LCSC are sister companies. If you register or order products at JLCPCB.com, we will share the information about you and your order with EasyEDA and LCSC, who may contact you to inquire about the use of your component orders.
Third-party vendors and other service providers that perform services on our behalf, as needed to carry out their work for us, which may include identifying and serving targeted advertisements, providing mailing services, providing tax and accounting services, contest fulfillment, web hosting, or providing analytic services.
We may share personal data with law enforcement, regulators, and other parties for legal reasons, such as in cases where required by law or subpoena.
Protection of Personal Information
JLCPCB takes the security of your personal information very seriously. We protect all data generated by and provided to us by our users from being stolen, ompromised, or used inviolation with this policy.We ensure that user’s information is only used for providing service for users.
We promise to take the following responsibilities for protecting users' information:
- We work to protect the security of your personal information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology.
- We follow the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) when handling credit card data.
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards designed to guard and prevent misuse of your personal information. Our security measures include industry-standard physical, technical and administrative measures to prevent unauthorized access to or disclosure of your information, to maintain data accuracy, to ensure the appropriate use of information, and otherwise safeguard your personal information. We restrict access to your non-public personal information to those employees and third parties who need such information to provide products or Services.
Your Choices & Controls
You have the right to access, correct and transfer your data, limit its processing, object to its processing, or withdraw your consent at any time without affecting the lawfulness of processing that was already performed on the basis of consentprior to its withdrawal (if the processing is consent-based).
Moreover, should you decide that our processing breaches the provisions of GDPR, you have the right to submit a complaint to a data protection authority.
To protect the privacy and the security of your personal data, we may request data from you to enable us to confirm your identity and right to access such information, as well as to search for and provide you with the personal data we maintain.
JLCPCB may use "cookies" to provide information on your computer. Cookies are pieces of data that a website can send to your browser, which may then be stored on your computer or device. JLCPCB may use both session and persistent cookies on our own or through our third-party service providers as described below. Cookies may save your preferences while you are at JLCPCB.com, such as allowing for persistent login on pages that require logging in, and JLCPCB may use them to provide you with tailored information and tracking as you use ourservices. Cookies help JLCPCB, among other things, to determine which areas ofthe services are popular by tracking hits to those areas, which may, in turn, allow JLCPCB or our third-party providers to provide you with targeted information or advertising regarding JLCPCB’s products and services. By modifying your browser preferences, you may have the choice to accept cookies, to be notified when a cookie is sent, or to reject cookies. The rejection orlimitation of cookies by your browser may limit your ability to use the service.
Third Party Tracking and Online Advertising
Google Analytics and Advertising. We use Google Analytics to recognize you and link the devices you use when you visit JLCPCB.com, log in to your account on our service, or otherwise engage with us. Google Analytics allows us to better understand how our users interact with our services and to tailor our advertisements andcontent to you. For information on how Google Analytics collects and processes data, as well as how you can control information sent to Google, review Google's site “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps' located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can learn about Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs, including the Google Analytics Browser Ad-On here https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
We may also utilize certain forms of display advertising and other advanced features through Google Analytics, such as Remarketing with Google Analytics, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, the Double Click Campaign Manager Integration, and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. These features enable us to usefirst-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies(such as the Double Click advertising cookie) or other third-party cookiestogether to inform, optimize, and display ads based on your past visits to ourservices. You may control your advertising preferences or opt-out of certain Google advertising products by visiting the Google Ads Preferences Manager, currently available at https://google.com/ads/preferences, or by visiting NAI’s online resources at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as your account is active; as needed to provide you products or services; as needed for the purposes outlined in this policy or at the time of collection; as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements; or to the extent permitted by law.
At the end of the retention period, JLCPCB will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to destroy the information or to ensure that the information is no longed identified.
Changes to this Policy
We update this policy in our discretion at any time by posting the amended version here or by providing such notice about or obtaining consent to changes as may be required by applicable law. When we do, we will revise the updated date at the bottom of this page. We encourage users to frequently check this page for any changes to stay informed about how we are helping to protect the personal information we collect.
Date of Last Modification
November 5, 2020